1. General Policy. Our policy is to make funds from your deposits available to you on the same business day that we receive your deposit. Electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once they are available, you can withdraw the funds in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks that you have written. For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit before 5:00 P.M. on a business day that we are open, we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit after 5:00 P.M. or on a day we are not open, we will consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open.
2. Reservation of Right to Hold. In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the same business day that we receive your deposit. Depending on the type of check that you deposit, funds may not be available until the fifth business day after the day of your deposit. However, the first $200.00 of your deposit will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit. If we are not going to make all of the funds from your deposit available on the same business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available. If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you leave the premises, we will mail you the notice by the next business day after we receive your deposit. If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds would be available.
3. Holds on Other Funds. If we cash a check for you that is drawn on another financial institution, we may withhold the availability of a corresponding amount of funds that are already in your account. Those funds will be available at the time funds from the check we cashed would have been available if you had deposited it. If we accept for deposit a check that is drawn on another financial institution, we may make funds from the deposit available for withdrawal immediately but delay your availability to withdraw a corresponding amount of funds that you have on deposit in another account with us. The funds in the other account would then not be available for withdrawal until the time periods that are described elsewhere in this disclosure for the type of check that you have deposited.
4. Longer Delays May Apply. We may delay your ability to withdraw funds deposited by check into your account an additional number of days for these reasons:
The amount of the check
The type of the check (insurance draft, out-of-state, the institution the check is drawn off of, etc…)
We believe a check you deposit will not be paid
You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000.00 on any one day
You deposit a check that has been returned unpaid
You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six months
There is an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer equipment
Any additional item determined by the credit union
We will notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
5. Special Rules for New Accounts. If you are a new member, the following special rules will apply during the first 30 days your account is open.
Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,000 of a day's total deposits of cashier's, certified, teller's, traveler's, and federal, state and local government checks will be available on the next business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions.
For example, the checks must be payable to you. The excess over $5,000 will be available on the seventh business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,000 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit. Funds from all other check deposits will be available on the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
6. Foreign Checks. Checks drawn on financial institutions located outside the U.S. (foreign checks) cannot be processed the same as checks drawn on U.S. financial institutions. Foreign checks are exempt from the policies outlined in this disclosure. Generally, the availability of funds for deposits of foreign checks will be delayed for the time it takes us to collect the funds from the financial institutions upon which it is drawn.
7. We will NOT accept checks made payable to a non-member unless it is drawn off of our institution.
8. Personal checks will be handled in the following manner; the first $200.00 of your deposit will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit, unless your account has a negative balance, or any loans (including the Credit Union Visa card) are past due. The remainder of the funds will be available to you only if you have a corresponding amount of funds already available in your account (other than the draft account). If we are not going to make all of the funds available on the same business day, we will notify you at the time you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available.
9. Payroll checks may be cashed if they are verifiable. Members may be asked to present a current pay stub for this verification.
10. Our cash back limit is $1500.00 per day. If more than this amount is needed, the head teller or a manager must approve it.
11. We continue to reserve the right to reject any check for deposit, to revoke any settlement or to charge back a member's account due to nonpayment.
Central Soya Federal Credit Union | 1200 N 2nd Street • Decatur, IN 46733